By Heather Deegan
In the submit September 11 worldwide atmosphere Africa is status at a crossroads in overseas affairs because the mixed problems with politics, faith and defense allure renewed curiosity. whereas a few nations appear to be relocating ahead with larger degrees of self belief, democracy and balance, others stay mired in clash, poverty and religious/ethnic department.
This textual content makes a speciality of key modern concerns that the continent faces, offering a entire creation of present political, spiritual, developmental and defense matters.
- Individual chapters dedicated to key concerns together with wellbeing and fitness, gender, corruption, faith and the newly rising difficulties of human safeguard.
- Case studies and unique research of topical matters, including:
- Muslim/Christian clashes: Kano, Northern Nigeria
- Conflict, hands and Reconstruction: Darfur and Sierra Leone
- Comprehensive diversity of nations discussed together with: Zimbabwe, Botswana, Kenya Ethiopia, Uganda, Lesotho, Somalia, Namibia and Madagascar.
- Fully updated statistics together with fundamental study according to interviews carried out by means of the writer, delivering facts for either person international locations and the continent as a whole.
- Boxed descriptions explaining truly the guidelines in vital topic parts, resembling Islamic legislation and society
By drawing at the author’s empirical examine and situating dialogue in the context of wider debate, Africa at the present time is designed either to introduce and to boost a deeper knowing of this quickly altering continent a necessary textual content for all scholars of African politics and foreign Relations.
Read or Download Africa Today: Culture, Economics, Religion, Security PDF
Best globalisation books
Having destabilized dominant assumptions concerning the nature of faith, there's now a necessity to increase new methods of pondering this ever-present phenomenon in worldwide politics. This publication outlines a brand new method of figuring out faith and its courting with politics within the West and globally for diplomacy.
This e-book indicates how household political associations and the inability of time strain impact negotiations on the WTO. It offers precise details on WTO ministerial conferences in addition to at the political financial system of exchange coverage within the ecu, U. S. , Brazil, and Australia.
This publication bargains a brand new point of view at the economics of globalization, in response to the ideas of corporations' services because the speedy reason behind nations' wealth. It offers new methods of taking a look at the way in which China, India, and Africa were drawn into the worldwide economic climate during the last twenty years. It bargains new views on probably the most vital questions within the present debate: What results does the increase of China have for the complicated commercial economies?
There's a huge literature facing the spillover results of overseas direct funding (FDI) flows to rising and constructing economies on the mixture point. past the combination affects, progressively more stories additionally research the effect of FDI spillovers on corporations of other sizes, specifically small and medium agencies (SME).
- Western Higher Education in Asia and the Middle East: Politics, Economics, and Pedagogy
- Toward Filipino Self-Determination: Beyond Transnational Globalization (SUNY series in Global Modernity)
- Japan's Strategic Challenges in a Changing Regional Environment
- Accounting for Hunger: The Right to Food in the Era of Globalisation: 36 (Studies in International Law)
Extra resources for Africa Today: Culture, Economics, Religion, Security
Africa Today: Culture, Economics, Religion, Security by Heather Deegan